How to Use SNAP at the Farmers’ Market
SNAP-eligible items include:
- Seeds and plants that produce food
- Baked goods
- Syrup and honey
- Jams and jellies
You CANNOT buy:
- Hot food
- Arts and crafts
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
- Pet foods
How do I use SNAP at the Farmers’ Market?
To use your SNAP benefits at the Farmers’ Market, you will need your SNAP EBT card:
- Find the Point-of-Sale (POS) machine – in NWA it’s typically found at the farmers market manager booth.
- Decide how much of your SNAP funds you want to spend and the market manager or trained volunteer will run your card.
- You will be given tokens or scrip (paper tickets) for your requested amount.
- If the market is participating in the DYD project, you will likely receive a 1:1 match in market coupons.
- Use the tokens/scrip and the market coupons just like cash at the farmers’ market!
- You CANNOT receive change for SNAP tokens/scrip or DYD coupons.
- Any unused tokens/scrip may be refunded back onto your SNAP card, or you may save the tokens/scrip to be used at your next visit!
Where can I use SNAP?