How to Use SNAP at the Farmers’ Market
SNAP-eligible items include:
- Seeds and plants that produce food
- Baked goods
- Syrup and honey
- Jams and jellies
You CANNOT buy:
- Hot food
- Arts and crafts
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
- Pet foods
How do I use SNAP at the Farmers’ Market?
To use your SNAP benefits at the Farmers’ Market, you will need your SNAP EBT card:
- Find the Point-of-Sale machine.
- The Point-of-Sale (POS) machine is located at a central market location and is operated by a market manager or volunteer.
- Visit the POS machine with your SNAP card, and decide how much you want to spend.
- You will be given tokens or scrip (paper tickets) for the amount you choose to spend.
- Use the tokens/scrip just like cash at the farmers’ market!
- You CANNOT receive change for SNAP tokens/scrip.
- Any unused tokens/scrip may be refunded back onto your SNAP card, or you may save the tokens/scrip to be used at your next visit!